It’s a cold day today here in Central NY and all could think about after a long busy day doing my household chores, is my husband who works a job that he is out in frigid elements all day long. So I wanted to give him a decent meal that’s not only tasty but requires a little amount of time, and so easy to make, so I made him this wonderful dish. If you are busy and don’t have much time for food or would like an easy recipe to make that’s delicious, that even kids would love, this meal is not only delicious but so easy and effortless, it’s quick and you are sure to love it,it is also a great meal to make for guests or even to prepare for lunches!A sure win for everyone!
PASTELILLOS DE CARNE (PUERTO RICAN MEAT TURNOVERS)
- 1 lbs ground beef sauteed
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup recaito
- 2 envelopes of Sazon sin achiote
- 10 pimiento stuffed olives, cut in half
- olive oil
- Adobo seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- goya disco’s (in frozen food section)
- ready to fill, just put a good spoonful of meat mixture in center, fold, and pinch ends together, then firmly press the fork around edges front and back to seal meat inside.
- heat cooking oil, place pastel illos in hot oil, cook till golden brown both sides.
- serve with rice or whatever side you like, I like sour cream and salsa.
- For the rice, you can cook on stove stop or in the rice cooker. I used a rice cooker and I love it.
- Two cups of rice to 3 cups water(or chicken stock), add in garlic powder, season, adobo, then add one can of drained kidney beans, a couple pats of butter, pinch of salt and pepper. Let cook until water is gone and rice is done.Enjoy